Quebec’s agri-food industry’s ability to export to other Canadian provinces, the North East of the United States, as well as Europe and Asia relies on cutting-edge expertise. As a leader in the fields of certification, labelling, logistics, distribution, marketing and replenishment, Agro Québec can assist producers/processors by facilitating their export process.
SERVICES FOR COMPANIES LOOKING TO EXPORT:
- Export starter kit: FDA registration, HS code validation, how to find a customs broker, how to find carriers, Prior Notice, certificates of origin, FDA product codes, insurance and taxation;
- Research on the company’s competitive environment: visit of target market, identification of the competition, competitive analysis (pricing structure, merchandising, positioning, etc.);
- Assessment of the company’s preparedness: pricing structure, compliance with regulations (labelling, HACCP, GFSI), production capacity, financial capabilities, etc.;
- Creation of an export market development strategy tailored to the company’s business objectives and financial capabilities: positioning, pricing structure that takes into account the exchange rate and intermediation costs, product adaptation, identification of means of promotion adapted to the target market;
- Identification of potential partners;
- Coaching during the first steps of the export process:meetings with buyers, participation in trade shows, etc.;
- Training and coaching of personnel in charge of logistics and shipping.
SERVICES FOR COMPANIES THAT ARE ALREADY EXPORTING:
- Assessment of the current development strategy: sales, promotion, distribution network;
- Identification of untapped markets;
- Development of a strategy to optimize export sales;
- Identification of new markets(Europe, Japan, etc.);
- Creation of strategies to develop new target markets.
Agro Québec also provides services for companies looking to import into Canada.
For more information, please contact our Senior Export Advisor.